X Server Crash

Hi
I have Redhat 7.3 running on a Pentium lll with a SIS graphics card.
While working yesterday in KDE the system hung by itself . I had no option buy to reset the motherboard . After rebooting the OS the system reported a X Server Crash . Even after running the Xconfigurator again it couldnt run
The error displayed was::
-FONT TRANS SOCKET UNIX CONNECT error no 111
XIO: Fatal I/O Error 104( Connection reset by peer)
on X Server :0.0.1
after 0 requests
I presume it is not able to load the font
I tried running commands like
fontsel
gfontsel etc
the error continiously being given was **Cant open Display
the Xconfigurator is running properly and the system is responding properly in the Shell
plz help
regards