Re: 4.3.0-5 patch

On Mon, 2003-04-28 at 09:58, Aaron Wade wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a radeon 9000 on RH 9 and I just installed the 4.3.0-5 patch to try to
> get my xinerama config working.  unfortunately it didn't quite do the trick.
> It must be somewhere in my config.  I have pasted the config here for people
> to look over.  What I have found odd, is that when I check the XFree86.0.log
> file it is complaining about PCI:1:5:1 which it has never done.  I have tried
> to edit the configuration for that device and nothing has changed.
> Anyone have words of wisdom ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> ---snip---
> (II) Primary Device is: PCI 01:05:0
> (WW) RADEON: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:1:5:1) found
> --snip--

I'm seeing something similar also:

(II) Primary Device is: PCI 01:00:0
(--) Assigning device section with no busID to primary device
(WW) RADEON: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:1:0:1)
found

They two pieces seem to  correspond to the lspci info. I presume the
Radeon 9000 muct be a multifunction device:

[root@xxxxxxxxx root]# lspci
<SNIP>
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon R250 If
[Radeon 9000] (rev 01)
01:00.1 Display controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon R250 [Radeon
9000] (Secondary) (rev 01)
<SNIP>

OK, I don't use the dual head stuff, but I sort of wonder about one
thing in your config file:

<SNIP>

> Section "Device"
> 	Identifier  "Radeon-vga"
> 	Driver      "radeon"
> 	VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
> 	BoardName   "ATI Radeon 9000"
> 	BusID       "PCI:1:5:0"
> 	Screen	0
> EndSection
> Section "Device"
> 	Identifier "Radeon-dvi"
> 	Driver     "radeon"
> 	VendorName "Videocard vendor"
> 	BoardName  "Ati Radeon 9000"
> 	BusID      "PCI:1:5:0"
> 	Screen     1
> EndSection

<SNIP>

Should the second of these two maybe use PCI:1:5:1?

BEWARE!! I have ZERO experience in this area!!

Cheers,
Mark