Re: 4.3.0-5 patch

On Mon, 2003-04-28 at 16:20, Aaron Wade wrote:
> the 4.3.0-5 isn't a patch perse. It's a release from mharris containing fixes
> for the radeon driver etc.

Ok, I've downloaded 4.3.0-5 and installed it and now I'm seeing some
(different) weird stuff. ;}

First, I'm now getting mirrored displays instead of two screens.  This
with Xinerama turned on or off.  I can't seem to get my dual head back.
Second, the screen geometries seem a bit off.  The primary screen has
the top few pixels chopped off while the secondary screen as the top few
and right few pixels chopped off.  The mirrors are not exact duplicates
of each other.

Also, the secondary screen still has some terrible vertical ghosting
while the primary screen is fuzzy and has a little bit of vertical
ghosting (but not as much).  All in all kind of depressing. :(

BTW, what is the difference between the ati driver and the radeon
driver, and which one should I be using?  I tried both and don't see too
much difference.  I'm attaching my XF86Config file below, which still
has the ati driver test.

If I should be filing bug reports instead of posting here, please let me
know.

-Barry

# XFree86 4 configuration created by redhat-config-xfree86

Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier     "XFree86 Configured"
	Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
	Screen      1  "Screen1" RightOf "Screen0"
	InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Files"
	RgbPath      "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
	ModulePath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules"
	FontPath     "unix/:7100"
EndSection

Section "Module"
	Load  "dbe"
	Load  "dri"
	Load  "extmod"
	Load  "glx"
	Load  "record"
	Load  "xtrap"
	Load  "speedo"
	Load  "type1"
EndSection

Section "ServerFlags"
	Option "Xinerama" "On"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Keyboard0"
	Driver      "keyboard"
	Option	    "XkbRules" "xfree86"
	Option	    "XkbModel" "microsoft"
	Option	    "XkbLayout" "us"
	Option	    "XkbVariant" "nodeadkeys"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Mouse0"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option	    "Device" "/dev/mouse"
	Option	    "Protocol" "MouseManPlusPS/2"
	Option	    "Emulate3Buttons" "off"
	Option	    "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"