Re: XFree86-4.3.0-5 released to rawhide

On Sat, 2003-04-26 at 06:28, Mike Chambers wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-04-26 at 06:44, Mike A. Harris wrote:
>
> > You can download the RPMs of this release from:
> >
> > 	ftp://people.redhat.com/mharris/testing/9/XFree86/4.3.0-5
> >
> > Download _all_ of them, and upgrade using:
> >
> > 	rpm -Uvh XFree86-*.rpm
>
> Downloaded and installed, using -Fvh instead of -U.  All seems well so
> far using nVidia card (nv driver, not binary).  Out of town a few days
> until Wednesday, so will know more when I get back.
>
> See yawl then :)

Hi,
   I installed them using Uvh. I did not have any problems doing so. I
hope there were no problems created! I had no error messages. I did this
in a console window and rebooted immediately after the install.

   Unfortunately, this did not solve my Radeon 24-bit noise problem.

   Other than that they seem to be working fine so far. Tux Racer runs
fine. (How do I determine frame rate?)

Cheers,
Mark