XFree86 4.3.0-5 - Radeon 9000 - konsole problems

Hi,
   I did a clean install of RH 9 this morning and then pretty much
immediately installed the new XFree86 Redhat RPMs. I am finding that I
have a few problems:

1) When I pull down a menu, the menu remains in the konsole window after
the menu has actually disappeared. (Maybe a backing store problem?)

2) Transparent schemas do not seem to work. I jsut get a black
background.

   I admit that I did not do any checking of these features on this
specific install before installing the new RPMs, but I did install RH 9
on this system a week ago and they were working then.

   I have only warm booted. Possibly I should cold boot also just for
more certainty.

Thanks,
Mark