Re: xfree86 crashes THE SOLUTION

Thankyou everyone who helped me but the solution to my problem is as follows.
I have an ATI Xpert 2000 AGP video card which has a 'video out' port.
I am in the habit of leaving the card connected to my television set as I use the PC
to play DVD's and the displays are under software control when using windows XP.
As you know after installation my xfree seemed to lose its setup, x refused to operate
and I received mystifying messages: NO DFP Detected. Acting on advice from the list
I tried to run redhat-config-xfree86 and it would not work, so, I unplugged the lead
from the back of my card (tv set was off anyway) and HEY PRESTO it worked.
I now have X-Windows working again.

Regards

David Nicholson