XFree86 crash

--=-cP/skqk2BzPLm8aeZF2C

I have an interesting crash here and I was wondering if anyone has
pointers on where to start.

We have a custom GTK application (not GNOME) that seems to be causing
XFree86 to crash and reset itself when multiple instances are run.

So, we run this application several times (it's basically looking into
some custom hardware via ethernet and displaying whatever values the
board has) on the same box and we get an X crash. No core files, very
little in the way of debug info; I'll post from /var/log/messages below.

I'm not sure if X crashes, thus causing our code to crash or our stuff
crashes and takes X with it. There are no visible memory leaks, it just
ups and dies after about 10-20 minutes. There is no obvious system
degredation, memory, CPU, and swap all look fine until the X reset.

The only thing I can see in the logs are as follows:=20

Aug 12 11:48:29 c_keller gnome-name-server[2681]: input condition is:
0x11, exiting
Aug 12 11:48:29 c_keller su(pam_unix)[2938]: session closed for user
root
Aug 12 11:48:30 c_keller kdm[1166]: Server for display :0 terminated
unexpectedly

X is running as root and the GTK app is running as a generic user.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

--Chris

--=20