Can't get 85 Hz refresh on Matrox G550 + Mag 800V

I just upgraded my PC to RH7.3 from 7.2 this past weekend.  The
XF86Config-4 file that I've been using since I started using XFree 4.x
stopped working.  The problem ended up being the monitor section.  My
Mag 800V was detected and had the proper frequency ranges listed, but
when X would start the monitor would go out of range (monitor pops up a
little box the says "out of range" and the whole images is scrambled
and rolling.  I generally use 1280x1024@85Hz.  The fix was to specify a
new monitor section.  I used the generic 1280x1024@76Hz monitor
profile.  It works, but the refresh is of course lower.  Does anyone
know what might be causing this?  Nothing at all shows up in the Xfree
logs.  Unfortuantely I don't have access to my PC ATM, so I can't post
them right now. What's also odd is that when I run Tuxracer, the whole
screen is wavy.  The image is shifted to the left slightly off the
viewable area of the monitor and if you look at the right edge you can
see waves rolling along it and across the entire screen from top to
bottom.  Chromium, the only other opengl app I've tried, seems to work
fine.

Thanks,

Alex