Acrobat Reader full screen mode doesn't fill screen?

Mike> I use all applications _only_ maximized, so that isn't the case.

The issue is not at all about maximized windows.  Acroread has a full
screen mode independent of that.  It is in this mode where the bug
occurs.  However I do not recall it w/ x 4.1.0, fb driver and vesafb.
(4.1.0 did not support my radeon 7500 m).

I cannot speak on whether it occurs on non-radeon drivers, but it does
occur on this dell 8100 w/ radeon 7500 mobility.  Upon entering full
screen mode with Ctrl+L the first time, the page is placed off the
left (if the document's page size is letter or a4 it is usually still
readable, if smaller is is mostly off screen).  Hitting ESCape to get
back to window mode and Ctrl+L to return to full screen mode results
in a propperly centered page on a background of the colour selected in
the preference dialog.

All subsequent invocations of full screen mode in that session of
reader, for any document, do the right thing.  It is only the first
time it is invoked that the bug occurs.

Both acroread4 and 5 show this bug here.

My suspicion remains a bug in motif, presuming that they continue to
use motif as the toolkit....

-JimC