Nice value of the X server

--=-MbBemk8bTWC1c7NC1L0+

On Fri, 2002-04-26 at 12:26, Thomas Dodd wrote:
>=20
>=20
> Why is there only ever one X process?
>=20

Active at one time.. ;-)

> There are at least 2. One for GDM where you login
> (at runlevel 5) , it dies, and the one for your Xsession
> where you do some work starts. When you logout that
> process dies and a new X is started for GDM again
>=20
Yep, well put.

> GDM can be replaced by XDM or KDM too.
>=20
> Create a suid script top renice the current X process.
> The run it in your login scripts.
> pidof should be fine for this.
>=20
>     -Thomas
>=20

yeah, that was what I ended up doing. I couldn't actually get it to work
as part of GDM/X start process. I'm sure it's my lack of understanding
on how the process works.

--=20
Homepage: http://interclypse.net
Registered Linux user #215241 (http://counter.li.org/)