Nice value of the X server

--=-aCv8h3VnGJg3xj2GamH/

Bill,=20

Actually I went ahead and stuck the following line in rc.local

/usr/bin/renice -10 -p `/bin/ps -elf | /bin/grep /etc/X11/X | /bin/awk
'{print $4}' | /usr/bin/head -1`

I haven't rebooted yet to actually test, but I do believe that the X
server is started by the time rc.local is read.=20

I did go look in the XFree86 FAQ and they do recommend re-nicing  the X
server as well.=20

--Chris

=20