ATI Radeon 7500 working instances

On Tue, 9 Apr 2002 ofeeley@yahoo.com wrote:

>Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 15:20:10 -0700 (PDT)
>From: ofeeley@yahoo.com
>To: xfree86-list@redhat.com
>Subject: Re: ATI Radeon 7500 working instances
>
>On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, Dave Reed wrote:
>[snip]
>> > would people that have ATI Radeon 7500's working without hitch be so kind
>> > as to post:
>> > 1. XF86 version
>> > 2. kernel version
>> > 3. other version information that is, they feel, necessary to achieve 3D
>> > acceleration with this card?
>[snip]
>>
>> Take a look at the list archive (see one of the headers I left in
>> above). I and a couple others posted fairly explicit instructions to
>> this list in the last few months (probably January and Feburary).
>>
>Hi Dave,
>thanks for the suggestion.  I did indeed search the list before asking
>this question and found your, J.Haywards and M.Harris's posts.  The kernel
>you appeared to be dealing with was a 2.4.9-13.  Since then up2date has
>brought the kernel up to 2.4.9-31.  I am having trouble getting a
>non-crashing X-server after following the steps in the mail list.  I could
>run e.g. glxgears or TuxRacer.  TuxRacer would work for about 1 minute and
>then crash.
>
>So, my question was not a lazy, ignorant one.  I was hoping to find out if
>anyone was running with 2.4.9-31 (or rawhide's 2.4.18-0.16 which produces
>identical behaviour).

Radeon 7500 is completely unsupported in Red Hat Linux 7.2.  You
need both the kernel, XFree86, Xconfigurator, hwdata, glut, and
their dependancies from rawhide in order to use 7500.

--
Mike A. Harris                  Shipping/mailing address:
OS Systems Engineer             190 Pittsburgh Ave., Sault Ste. Marie,