ATI Radeon 7500 working instances

On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, Dave Reed wrote:
[snip]
> > would people that have ATI Radeon 7500's working without hitch be so kind
> > as to post:
> > 1. XF86 version
> > 2. kernel version
> > 3. other version information that is, they feel, necessary to achieve 3D
> > acceleration with this card?
[snip]

> Take a look at the list archive (see one of the headers I left in
> above). I and a couple others posted fairly explicit instructions to
> this list in the last few months (probably January and Feburary).

Hi Dave,
thanks for the suggestion.  I did indeed search the list before asking
this question and found your, J.Haywards and M.Harris's posts.  The kernel
you appeared to be dealing with was a 2.4.9-13.  Since then up2date has
brought the kernel up to 2.4.9-31.  I am having trouble getting a
non-crashing X-server after following the steps in the mail list.  I could
run e.g. glxgears or TuxRacer.  TuxRacer would work for about 1 minute and
then crash.

So, my question was not a lazy, ignorant one.  I was hoping to find out if
anyone was running with 2.4.9-31 (or rawhide's 2.4.18-0.16 which produces
identical behaviour).

Thanks,
-Oisin Feeley