ATI Radeon 7500 Dual head

On Wed, 2002-04-10 at 00:10, Alex Deucher wrote:
> It should work.  I think there was some discussion about this in the
> last few months on the xpert ML at xfree86.org.

> the xf86Config-4 listed here:
>
> http://www.xfree86.org/pipermail/xpert/2002-April/016706.html
>
> should work with a little tweaking for the monitors and such.
> the most important part is the Screen  0/1 stuff for each head as a
> device.
>
> Alex
>
> --- John MacLean <john.d.maclean@mail.mcgill.ca> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I've been using Mike's 4.1.99 then 4.2.0 rpms since he began making
> > them
> > available. Presently I'm running skipjack beta 2. Very few problems
> > with
> > 2D support. Haven't really tried 3D (Tuxracer works).
> >
> > I've been trying to get two monitors working on this card. Google
> > searching didn't help me any. Looking for help or pointers to the
> > solution. Or at least an authoritative "no" so I'll stop spending
> > time
> > on it.
> >
> > On my previous G400 I needed a binary Matrox module to make it work.
> >
> > Thanks
> > John

Hi Alex,
 Thanks, it did the trick. Pleasantly surprised to get such a quick
answer on a low volume list.

Using the same BusID for both was throwing me off b/c my old Matrox used
PCI:0:x:0 for the second monitor. Curiously, the second video output is
treated as Screen 0. Once I swapped Screen0 for Screen1 the left/right
alignment and monitor refresh worked kicked in properly.

John