Update: Radeon 7500, XFree86 4.2.0, DRI

--=.J31Uwm07zvBdS2

Hello,

Well, I finally managed to get around to building a new system. :-) The DRI problems I was having with my Radeon 7500 apparently were related to the MVP3 chipset on my old motherboard. DRI so far seems to be working fine, but the new box has only been up one day. I haven't had the time to really play with it.

In case anyone is interested here are the specs. Some of this is out of my old system.

Red Hat 7.2, installed flawlessly :-) all updates applied
XFree86-4.2.0-0.6.1
kernel-2.4.17-0.13 Althon kernel

Althon 1800+ 1.53Ghz
Epox 8KHA+ motherboard
768MB Crucial PC2100 DDR
Radeon 7500, Retail boxed, not OEM
IBM 120GXP 80GB hard drive, going to have to add another one ;-)
Adaptec 2930CU SCSI controller, for cd's
Teac CD-532S 32x SCSI CD-ROM
Plextor PX-W1210TS 12x/10x/32x SCSI CD-RW
Sound Blaster Live
Linksys NIC

Regards,
	Jim H