Redhat 802.11b configuration suggestions

Hi, I run redhat 9 on a laptop and recently got wireless to work
through an Orinoco Gold pcmcia card.  There were a couple snags in the
setup though, which should be easy to change:

1.  For some reason redhat tried to use the wavelan module, when the
    the orinoco_cs driver is newer and better supported.  See

    http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/Linux.Wireless.drivers.html#WavelanIEEE

    The newer kernels include that module, but the /etc/pcmcia/config
    must be updated to use those drivers.

2.  The redhat-config-network program doesn't seem to have any option
    to turn off encryption.  I had to manually edit
    /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-wireless to include the line
    'iwconfig $DEVICE enc off'

I haven't tried the new beta, so maybe these problems are already
fixed.

--
Ben Escoto