Re: kernel-headers rpm ?

On Fri, 24 Jan 2003, Joshua Daniel Franklin wrote:
> to another PC and reinstall XP Professional. Now, it may be a weird
> incompatibility with the nForce, but it really sounds like a Windows boot
> loader problem.
>
> So the moral is, the generalized GNU/Linux way of doing things worked better.

Ofcourse, there is no excuse to silly behaviour was it Linux
or wintendo, I think nobody claimed that it was.

I don't like windows, never did. I've used and earned
fairly good living sticking mostly with *nix (-86) type
systems, datanetworking and Internet past 17 years on my
21 (-81) year career with computers.

I started with Linux (-92) when there was only few thousands
playing with the source, then some early distros started to
appear and I got deeper involved in when the Adaptec 1542A SCSI
card appeared as that was required for the system I had then.

I've all the time improved and developed some new tools we
have and of readers possibly unaware.

I've contributed code and ideas to dozens of projects. Early
it was nice to improve basic system and get programs like init
(SysVinit) behaving like it should, wrote and contributed quite
major patches -- see source of killall5.c or look at features of
"pidof" and you see pretty much what I made then. There was fixes
to  netstat etc. I don't even remember all that I did, didn't keep
any record. There was even some code in Linus kernel that I submitted
then. It just happened, found a problem, figured out what was the
problem and submitted the patch or suggested how the system
was possibly improved and often it was gladly accepted -- it
was that simple back then.

I tell you the above, just to make sure that you understand
where I come from not to brag (I haven't been too active
contributor since -96 so there is no reason to), but lately
it's seemed that even if you think you have some valuable input
a) it's hard to find channel where to get someone think your input
seriously and get a reply b) some smart jumping up-n-down saying
it isn't needed because there is a hack to get around it :/

Right, I'm about to close the issue from my side. Those
who understood and saw the forest did it already.

Cheers,

:-) riku

ps.	BTW, There are still developers of the original kind,
	got just some days ago reply from dictd maintainers
	that my patch had been applied ... The most motivating
	thing contributing projects is decent feedback, if that
	is gone there isn't much left reason to even try.
--
    [ This .signature intentionally left blank ]