Pentium 4 Optimizations

Hello Folks,

I would like to adapt a Redhat 8.0 system to Pentium 4. The binaries, data, files and everything will be used, run and compiled on P4. I have no issue with compatability and I do not need anything to run on a 386, Pentium or PIII -- only P4.

Is there a location where I can read a primer on this issue?

What steps do you suggest I should take? The build environment will be RPM. march=pentium4 will be used as compiler flag. If possible, I would like to recompile all rpms. What options will need to be put on rpmrc? Anything addtional necessary? What do i786, i886, i986 represent in rpmrc files?

I apologize in advance for taking your time but I have checked all around the net and could not get any solid data.

Please do respond to tesla1313@hotmail.com since I am not a member of the list.

Thanks!

Jimmy