Re: A Red Hat user's introduction to Debian

On 2002-05-02, Kevin Waterson wrote:

:I found this little article in my mail and
:would like to hear any thoughts?
:http://debian-br.sourceforge.net/txt/debian_vs_redhat.html

=> Last updated on 06/11/1998!

Installing Debian GNU/Linux "Woody" (the "testing" distribution that
will become 3.0 eventually) left me with a not so usable
installation which I had to fix in several places to get X and other
stuff working. Nothing for Linux newbies. The text mode installer
asks many specific questions about graphics adapter and monitor
capabilities, that reminded me of old Slackware. Compared with that,
Red Hat's installer technology is light years ahead.

Michael