Re: International pricing discrepancy

> > Since Red Hat Linux is GPL, people do get by just
> > buying less boxed sets than they might otherwise, but
> > speaking for myself, I feel a bit robbed knowing some
> > richer people get their boxes for a lower price...
>
> Yes, but you've got Big Ben. <GRIN>
>
> RedHat is based in the US.  That is their home turf (they must choose their
> battles carefully).  Plus, you can just download RH for free off the web
> anyway, so this is really a non-issue.

That's not the point. We were discussing why people should (or should not) help
pay RH's costs by buying boxes sets.

> There are tarrifs involved when trying to import a product into a country.
> That raises prices too.

No tariffs here. Prices still ridiculous.

GST here is 10%, there are no other taxes on it.
--
Cheers
John Summerfield

Microsoft's most solid OS: http://www.geocities.com/rcwoolley/

Note: mail delivered to me is deemed to be intended for me, for my disposition.

If you don't like being told you're wrong,
	be right!