Re: reiser4 inclusion?

Volker,

First, please following mailing list etiquette and don't top post

it is pretty much his mailing list.

Just because he is the "maintainer".

Am I wrong, but the community owns the code, not Edward.

I mean, I could host a reiser list on my mail server.

Third, if the community only relied on you to progress reiserfs, it
has been years at this point and nothing significant. it is basically
somewhat dead.

reiserfs is in maintenance mode - there aren't much changes. In fact, less
changes is a good thing.

maintenance mode = stagnant, no?

Edward is also pretty much the last person working on reiser4. You are attacking him, but I don't see patches from you. Gives someone something to
think about.

Right because he has slammed heads with everyone that was willing to help him. I was willing and when I tried talking with him he blew me off. So I forked. OntoLab too.

Edward has lost the meaning of an open source community effort. It isn't a one man show and it isn't blowing people off and it isn't refusing to accept involvement and it isn't only accepting the help you *want* versus what someone *offers*

look at the archives. Edward has good reasons to feel ripped of.
Maybe it is all a big miscommunication. But that isn't solved when ontolabs
guys agressively advertise for themselves.

But what else is there when a snails pace is being achieved otherwise?

Please realize that my tone is that of trying to band together and not break apart. I want to see progress, I am willing to put in my time and energy, but there is no path or goals or anything....what is one supposed to think or do?

I think that it is time to get back in the game.

-Jason