Re: reiser4 inclusion?

On Samstag 25 April 2009, Jason Todd Slack-Moehrle wrote:
> Edward,
>
> > Please,
> > don't flood in this mailing list.
> > Go away!
>
> You are totally out of line here.
>
> First, please following mailing list etiquette and don't top post

it is pretty much his mailing list.

> Second, Christian, like all others, have a right to post here. You may
> not agree with his posts (or what he is doing with OntoFS), but that
> does not give you the right to tell him to go away.

yes, it does. Just look at the archives.

> Third, if the community only relied on you to progress reiserfs, it
> has been years at this point and nothing significant. it is basically
> somewhat dead.

reiserfs is in  maintenance mode - there aren't much changes. In fact, less
changes is a good thing.

Edward is also pretty much the last person working on reiser4. You are
attacking him, but I don't see patches from you. Gives someone something to
think about.

> If there was more co-operation and less fighting, perhaps forking
> would not need to be an issue, but with your head up your ass no
> progress gets made, no leaps forward, nada, zip, zilch.
>
> -Jason

look at the archives. Edward has good reasons to feel ripped of.
Maybe it is all a big miscommunication. But that isn't solved when ontolabs
guys agressively advertise for themselves.