Re: A few questions

On 4-Mar-08, at 2:53 AM, Alex Caudill wrote:

Thanks to all who followed up, and my apologies for top-posting (if I
did). I'll subscribe after I send this.

Christopher Sawtell was kind enough to send me a copy of the documentation.

I've made it available at:

http://reiser4.erudified.com

Toby Thain went ahead and registered reiser4.{com,net,org} (see below)

Partly because I wanted to prevent a squatter or hostile party from getting them first...

and I've added ServerAlias entries for all of them, so if/when he
points DNS to 72.249.66.100,

I decided to HTTP redirect to your site instead, so that crawlers see only one web site instead of copies under different domains.

there should be a decent TLD source for
reiserfs information. Still, it isnt exactly authoritative, and it
certainly doesn't contain any of the wiki entries from namesys.com.

namesys.com isn't down for me?

It's late, but I'll try to go through the google cache and add them
this week, as well as fix any broken links.

Toby also volunteered to provide hosting, ... maybe he could
chime in with the particulars of his arrangements.

I have 2 colo machines that could be used, one in Australia and one in Canada. I don't think running services for the project is going to be particularly demanding of resources. Sounds like you have that part covered anyway, Alex.

I'm willing to
donate a fairly substantial amount of cash to any developer with a
proven track record of ReiserFS contributions who'd like to set up
some sort of authoritative source for ReiserFS docs/releases. If
that's you, please drop me a line.

I'd like to emphasize that I'm not at all interested in taking control
of anything or butting heads with anyone. I'd simply like to see the
reiser4 community come to a concensus about where and how
documentation and releases will be made available in the absence of
Hans' management. I'm happy to provide any kind of support I can,
financial or otherwise.

I can't chip in financially but certainly hosting or services can be done as needed.

--Toby

Let's get the ball rolling!

And, last but not least, thanks for the great work!! =)