Re: A few questions

Thanks to all who followed up, and my apologies for top-posting (if I
did). I'll subscribe after I send this.

Christopher Sawtell was kind enough to send me a copy of the documentation.

I've made it available at:

http://reiser4.erudified.com

Toby Thain went ahead and registered reiser4.{com,net,org} (see below)
and I've added ServerAlias entries for all of them, so if/when he
points DNS to 72.249.66.100, there should be a decent TLD source for
reiserfs information. Still, it isnt exactly authoritative, and it
certainly doesn't contain any of the wiki entries from namesys.com.
It's late, but I'll try to go through the google cache and add them
this week, as well as fix any broken links.

Toby also volunteered to provide hosting, and I'm sure there are
plenty of others who'd be willing to do so. I currently use the
machine for other things, but I can provide root access on another
one, or simply donate some cash for those developing reiser4 to make
their own arrangements.

I think it's obviously in the project's best interests to have a
single, authoritative source for documentation, etc, even if it's just
until Namesys changes hands. It'd also show the community at large
that reiser4 is still kicking, which can only be a good thing.

So, again, a couple questions:

1.) Are the ReiserFS developers willing to make a public statement
about the future of the project? Will it continue as an open source
project even if future Namesys management opts to make it proprietary?
Is anyone even in a position to make such a statement?

2.) Who's in the best position to provide hosting? My machine is a
pretty basic dual core, 2gb ram, as much bandwidth as you can shake
your stick at. I can donate root access to another machine with the
same specs. Toby offered to provide hosting as well, so maybe he could
chime in with the particulars of his arrangements. I'm willing to
donate a fairly substantial amount of cash to any developer with a
proven track record of ReiserFS contributions who'd like to set up
some sort of authoritative source for ReiserFS docs/releases. If
that's you, please drop me a line.

I'd like to emphasize that I'm not at all interested in taking control
of anything or butting heads with anyone. I'd simply like to see the
reiser4 community come to a concensus about where and how
documentation and releases will be made available in the absence of
Hans' management. I'm happy to provide any kind of support I can,
financial or otherwise.

Let's get the ball rolling!

And, last but not least, thanks for the great work!! =)