Re: Trouble with GRUB and multiple HD's

Hi Pete,

You may not have seen my other post.

/boot is a seperate partition on /dev/sda1

If the raid of / were an issue wouldn't I expect to see the same issue when
using a standard boot disk (via mkbootdisk). They are the same initrd, right?

Cheers,
Harry

Quoting Pete Nesbitt <pete@xxxxxxxxx>:

*>
*> Hi,
*> The software RAID is required before you can access the software raided
*> drives. Are you trying to load that as a module or is compiled into the
*> kernel.
*> If I have this right, if raid is comiled into the kernel, then /boot needs
*> be a regular partition (non raid) if your using modules, you cannot set
*> either / or /boot as a raid partition because it needs to access the modules
*> on / to load the raid.
*>
*> So it boot / as raid, compile your kernel with raid and make sure /boot is
*> not
*> in the raid set.
*> --
*> Pete Nesbitt, rhce