RE: Trouble with GRUB and multiple HD's

Gaaa! No, windows has never been on these disks. There is a linux fdisk. In
fdisk partitions can be marked as bootable (as long as they are primary partitions).

The disk is not bootable in the sense that there is a valid Operating System on
it, it is used as a data disk. I'm attempting to install GRUB on it because it
is the only disk that the BIOS will see as bootable.

Cheers,
Harry

Quoting Otto Haliburton <ottohaliburton@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

*
*> >
*> I don't know how fdisk knows whether a disk is bootable or not.  Can you
*> boot a OS from that disk, if so what are you booting from it?  I think you
*> are saying you ran fdisk /mbr a windows thing that will rewrite the mbr to
*> the disk, if there was a valid mbr to start with.  Is the disk bootable to
*> another OS?
*>
*>
*>