Re: Trouble with GRUB and multiple HD's

On February 7, 2004 04:42 pm, Harry Hoffman wrote:
> Yep, it's bootable (as per fdisk) :-)
>
> Quoting Otto Haliburton <ottohaliburton@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
>

> *> >
> *> IMHO you need /dev/had to be bootable, if it is not bootable then there
> is *> no MBR there to boot to, if you know what I mean.
> *>
>
> --
> Harry Hoffman
> hhoffman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> This mail sent through IpSolutions: http://www.ip-solutions.net/

Hi,
The software RAID is required before you can access the software raided
drives. Are you trying to load that as a module or is compiled into the
kernel.
If I have this right, if raid is comiled into the kernel, then /boot needs to
be a regular partition (non raid) if your using modules, you cannot set
either / or /boot as a raid partition because it needs to access the modules
on / to load the raid.

So it boot / as raid, compile your kernel with raid and make sure /boot is not
in the raid set.
--
Pete Nesbitt, rhce