Re: Belkin Regulator Pro UPS (with USB)

On February 4, 2004 03:29 pm, Richard Crawford wrote:
> Otto Haliburton said:
> > Publish your results, am interested if they fixed it.
>
> They haven't fixed it.  Apparently, the "Linux support" mentioned on the
> product web page is a mistake.  The software CD that is distributed with
> the device is the same one that comes with the serial version, which is
> why it has the Linux version of the software on it.
>
> I'm currently trying to figure out how to get a refund.

I bought one of their ups's a few years ago. Same thing, web site said Linux
support. I even confirmed it on a machine in the store when I bought it
(Staples I think). I got home and the only thing on the 'Linux cd' was a MS
exe file. (or maybe that was in the download area, can't recall for sure). I
took it back to the store and explained that even though I had opened it and
hooked it up, it was not what is was supposed to be and did me no good as I
have no winboxes (house rules:) They took it back and sold me a more
expensive APC.
--
Pete Nesbitt, rhce