RE: Belkin Regulator Pro UPS (with USB)

> On February 4, 2004 03:29 pm, Richard Crawford wrote:
> > Otto Haliburton said:
> > > Publish your results, am interested if they fixed it.
> >
> > They haven't fixed it.  Apparently, the "Linux support"
> mentioned on the
> > product web page is a mistake.  The software CD that is
> distributed with
> > the device is the same one that comes with the serial
> version, which is
> > why it has the Linux version of the software on it.
> >
> > I'm currently trying to figure out how to get a refund.
> >

> I bought one of their ups's a few years ago. Same thing, web
> site said Linux
> support. I even confirmed it on a machine in the store when I
> bought it
> (Staples I think). I got home and the only thing on the
> 'Linux cd' was a MS
> exe file. (or maybe that was in the download area, can't
> recall for sure). I
> took it back to the store and explained that even though I
> had opened it and
> hooked it up, it was not what is was supposed to be and did
> me no good as I
> have no winboxes (house rules:) They took it back and sold me a more
> expensive APC.
> --
> Pete Nesbitt, rhce

If my memory serves, isn't Belkin the folks who were selling the gateway
that randomly redirected the user to their marketing pages where they
were marketing their software?

I used to think that Belkin provided reasonable value to the user...it
looks like this false marketing is more of the same stuff.  They seem to
have gone over to the dark side, and surely should be on everyone's
"don't buy" list.

Pete was lucky he didn't pick it up at Frys...

Bill