Re: problem with display resolution

Hi again,

I have a Dell Inspiron. I would assume that the processor is either a Pentium or a Celeron because those are the ones that Dell typically uses, but I don't know how I would go about finding out which one it is. The driver file I downloaded and installed was the IA32 one, it is called NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-5336-pkg1.run. Yes, I did the chmod on it and I ran it as root. It didn't work. I am still not able to change my screen resolution. This is tremendously frustrating...

Eric

which kind of processor do you have?
both for Athlons and Pentium3/4 etc you use the IA32 packages:
mine is called NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-5328-pkg1.run
I take it you did a chmod +x and then ran it as root?

Stuart