RE: pop won't authenticate my password

Thanks, but it's prompting me for my *password* for the username "ed"
which it already knows from when I first configured the account on
Mozilla Mail. Then presumably the Mozilla client checks with the pop
server from which it has gotten a thumbs-down on every password I've
tried, including what I would think would be the right one, the password
I use when I log into Linux as user "ed" in the first place. And that's
when Mozilla gives me the error message "The PASS command did not
succeed. Mail server pop responded: Authentication failed," again with
the failure of password authentication being at the pop *server* and not
with the Mozilla client.

Or at least that's the way I understand it, and it could well be I'm
missing something big here.

Ed McCorduck
Department of English
State University of New York College at Cortland
ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://mccorduck.cortland.edu
http://McCorduck.ws