Re: OT: Compiling C on Unix

There is a wealth of both source code packages AND precompiled binary
packages for Solaris to be found at:

http://www.sunfreeware.com/

Don't be put off if you select your current OS and it's a later one
(such as Solaris 8 or 9) and you can't find what you are looking for.
At the application level, for the most part, Solaris binaries work just
fine on later OS releases if they were compiled under 2.5.1 or later,
so look back through S7 and S6 if you can't locate something you
are looking for.  Gcc is definitely out on that site for several OS
releases.