Re: LogWatch and Postfix?

I kinda want to keep LogWatch as that covers all major logs, the less 'log
watchers' I need to use to achieve the same goal, the better and happier I
will be.

Anyone have any suggestions as to why this could be happening? Any
Postfix/LogWatch gurus' out there?

Mr. K. Hawkes

>     kh> Hey all,
>     kh> Up until I installed Postfix on my RH9 box, Logwatch was happily
throwing me
>     kh> E-Mails every day, just like I wanted.
>
>     kh> Now that I've installed and configured Postfix, I no longer get
the E-Mails
>     kh> from logwatch at all. I've done some digging and have found that
it's trying
>     kh> to use 'mailx' (/bin/mail), this worked before without postfix,
but now it
>     kh> fails, saying it can't move a file. Looking at /bin/mail it seems
that it's
>     kh> not designed to work with Postfix's way of handling mailboxes (I'm
using
>     kh> mailboxes, not maildirs).
>
>     kh> I see 'sendmail.postfix' and tell Logwatch to try that one, it
fails also.
>     kh> The ONLY way I can find to get the logwatch logs again is if I use
a script
>     kh> to send the log contents out to me, but there is no subject line
and it's
>     kh> not as clean as I'd like.
>
>     kh> Run logwatch like this :
>     kh> /usr/sbin/logwatch --debug HIGH > ~/debug.out
>
>     kh> Here is the error I get when it tries to use /bin/mail :
>
>     kh> cannot move file:
/var/spool/temp/1070121234000.30688.srv.darknyte.net.mail

>     kh> I am totally stumped about this, I've tried various things and all
have
>     kh> failed. Is it something I've done, a misconfiguration with
LogWatch or
>     kh> Postfix somewhere? Does anyone else manage to use LogWatch and
PostFix