Re: RH9 Time of day erroneously changes 5 hours at reboot

On November 24, 2003 05:43 am, Marvin Blackburn wrote:
> YOu may have your system set for UTC time,
> or the TZ environmental variable may be incorrect.
> If you are on the east coast of usa, my bet would be UTC.
>
> ------------------
> Marvin Blackburn
> Systems Administrator
> Glen Raven
> "He's no failure.  He's not dead yet" --William Lloyd George

Hi,
As I understand, Linux likes UTC in the system clock, you just need to tell it
that and let it know what your time zone is. So I agree wiith Marvin, but
feel the solution is to leave the hw clock at UTC and set your locale
properly. (presuming this is the problem).
--
Pete Nesbitt, rhce