Email problems

Details:

RHL 9, KDE, KMAIL, 384M memory, Celeron 1.7Ghz
Fairly standard install, but no longer using blue-curve default.

When I tried to send an email message I got back an error message saying
the send failed failed and it would block other messages from moving.

So I right-clicked on it in the outbox and deleted it (moved it to
trash).  From trash I moved it to drafts, and then double-clicked on
it, which reopened it.  I sent it.  I got no error messages.  And I
didn't notice all day that it and several other emails just sat in the
inbox unmoving.

This morning I noticed.  Top shows my system has been running for 17
days, 1 hour (and right now, 0 minutes).

I logged out of X and logged back in.  Several test emails have moved
out fine, but I soon had the same problem.

So I've just tried a reboot; let's see how long it goes before doing it
again.  Is 17 days too long to stay logged in to X?  Is it to long to
run a RHL9 system used as a desktop without rebootng?

Any ideas?
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA  92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation