Re: RE :Re: i have i problem in my monitor drivers "NEED MORE INFORMATION"

> HI DEAR THX FOR REPLAY

Typing all in caps is the equivelent in teh internet world as shouting,
you may want to press your caps lock key :-)

> BUT MY MONITOR DOSENT WORK ON ANY GUI INTERFACE LIKE THE SETUP INTERFASE
> WHEN I INSTALL THE LINUX SO I CANT OPEN IT I TRY TO OPEN IT FOR 3 OR 4
> DAYS
> AGO ALL MY PC COMPATABLE WITH IT ONLY THE MONITOR HE SAID UNKNOWN

While the monitor may have come up as an "Unknown Monitor" - this is
infact normal, but your problem here seems to be that your video card is
not initialising and so your monitor remains off.

While it appears that this is because your monitor was un-detected, it is
more likely tht it is simply that when starting X, the Xwindows drivers
dont recognise your video card and never get it to the point where it is
sending a signal to your monitor to display.

> BUT OK IF IT NEED horizontal/vertical refresh rate and a resolution. HOW
> CAN
> I FIX IT WHEN I CANT ENTER TO ANY THING IN THE SYSYTEM ALL GUI INTER FACES
> CANT OPEN IT I INSTALL IT FROM 3 DAY ALL THESE DAYS I CAN'T SEE THE 1ST
> PAGE
> ON LINUX RED HAT

You will need to start in text mode (single user mode may be best for
starters) or switch to a console window (which may not work) by pressing
Left CTRL+ALT and F1

If CTRL+ALT+F1 does not work then try the following..

if you use grub as your boot loader, then

[quote]
To do that you will have to edit the kernel parameters. In the grub menu
hilight the GNU/Linux menu item and press 'e' to edit. Then in the kernel
parameters add the word 'single'. Quit from edit mode and press 'b' to boot.
[/quote]

once you are at a text prompt you should edit /etc/inittab and change the
default runlevel to 3 until you have the problem fixed, then you can
change it back to runlevel 5 (gui booting)

You can test the config as you go by using "startx" as any user you are
logged in as to try booting to Xwindows (NOTE: if you switched to the text
console without rebooting then broken X is still running and you may need
to reboot after changing the runlevel in order to get rid of it)

> ANY ONE KNOW HOW CAN i FIX THAT PROBELM

once you are in a text console then you can read the X Startup logs which
shoudl be under /var/log somewhere - these shoudl tell you why your card
failed to initialise - you may also wish to as google about Xwindows and
your video card - some of the latest model cards do not work with the
native XFree86 video drivers (most notibly some the latest nVidia range of
cards) and need a vendor supplied driver to work well..

It would probably help to tell us what sort of video card you have.

--
Steve.