Re: i have i problem in my monitor drivers

Ahmed Sherbi wrote:

hi all
i have monitor Mag Dx1495 it's old i have a problem in it when I install the linux he didn't know it he said Unknown monitor & when he start the GUI intrface the monitor is close like the suspend mode & the problem not in the monitor refresh or resolution
so what can I do in this problem is there any driver update to this monitor or what can i do to solve that problem
thanks alot
Ahmed Sherbi

Monitors don't need drivers. They just need that correct horizontal/vertical refresh rate and a resolution. That's a fact.

If you are sure you're setting your video card correctly in your XFree configuration file, to suit your monitor, maybe it's time to look at whether you're using the correct video card driver?

Regards,
Ed.