Re: How are window XP users able to view Linux shares ?

That has to do with Domain Control type of things.

http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/esdd/tutorials/samba/samba-4-4.html

I have just set up an XP Pro machine talking to our Samba server doing
domain logons just fine.

At home XP Pro happily uses a Samba machine for file and print (non-logon)
just peachy.

Patrick

--
Central Valley OHV Riders:
(For ATV, Motorcycle, Sand Rail, and other OHV enthusiasts.)

Fresno Linux Users Group:
http://www.fresnolug.org
(For Linux Users in the Fresno, CA area.)