Re: Thoughts on Fedora

On Saturday 25 October 2003 01:30 pm, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:

> and that not enough people subscribe to Red Hat Network.

My guess is that a lot of people would subscribe to RHN if they stopped
offering the one free account.

I said a long time ago that Red Hat should have offered RHN as part of a
boxed offering and charged for it otherwise.

It appears as if they're now doing that.  My issue isn't with the
product or the price (although with the number of servers I need to
maintain, price could be an issue later) but with being able to get
support for systems we've already installed.  We're not going to easily
upgrade all those systems from RHL7.3.  We'd be happy to pay RHN for
continued security updates.

(In today's market I'd need a commercial version with at least a
four-year lifecycle; that's what I liked years ago about BSDi [which
was just completely dropped].)

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA  92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation