Promise Ultra 133 TX2 Driver

Joe K wrote:

I can't get this device to cooperate. It was sold as a Maxtor Ultra 133
ATA adapter - Maxtor cross references it with t he Promise Ultra 133 TX2
Driver, but Promise doesn't indicate any support for this card under
LINUX. In my Googling, I found a reference that these drivers are
included in the 2.4 kernel (I am currently running RH 9 2.4.20-20.9). Kudzu detects the card but doesn't see the disk. The Promise card bios
seems to come up first and it doesn't see any disks either. Any clues
would be appreciated.

If the Promise BIOS doesn't see the disk the problem is not with Linux and as such probably outside the scope of this list.

However.

Check cabling and power. If the card doesn't see the disk then nothing will.

--=-4yk8k10csKsf8GgEXy7z

<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
I can't get this device to cooperate.&nbsp; It was sold as a Maxtor Ultra 133 ATA adapter - Maxtor cross references it with t he Promise Ultra 133 TX2 Driver, but Promise doesn't indicate any support for this card under LINUX.&nbsp; In my Googling, I found a reference that these drivers are included in the 2.4 kernel (I am currently running RH 9 2.4.20-20.9).&nbsp; Kudzu detects the card but doesn't see the disk.&nbsp; The Promise card bios seems to come up first and it doesn't see any disks either.&nbsp; Any clues would be appreciated.
</BODY>
</HTML>

--=-4yk8k10csKsf8GgEXy7z--

No HTML to the list please - plain text only.

Regards,
Ed.