Re: "Red Hat recommends Windows for consumers"

On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 06:30, Richard S. Crawford wrote:

> Office solutions should be replaced with products that are not locked in
> to proprietary document formats and/or are more feature-rich than MS
> Office.  I recommend OpenOffice.org for most users, WordPerfect for
> people who honestly feel like they have to spend money.

Whoops!  Yes, I'm perfectly aware that WP is subject to a proprietary
document format.  However, it can save documents as RTF, which is
acceptable.  Yes, I also know that Word can do the same thing, but I've
also found that the range of features in WordPerfect is much broader
than in Word.

--
Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford