Re: lowercase to uppercase

Gordon Messmer wrote
> Safe or fast?  I know what I choose.  I care about my data, otherwise
> I'd just delete it.

I reject your assumption that the choice is between safe and fast ;)

I care about data, too, that's what I do (care about data). I'm not cavalier
about it, I know what I want to do, and I do it. If I want to change all
lowercase filenames to uppercase, that's what I want to do. If I thought I
might clobber some files in the same directory first, I'd check that before
I started.

For someone that knows what they're doing, your script is slower than it
needs to be. For someone that doesn't know what they're doing, it's certainly
safer.

We're coming dangerously close to off-topic, though, and this is certainly
a dead horse, seeing as how the original poster already did the work he was
trying to do, so I'll let it drop here.

-justinb

--
Justin Banks