Re: lowercase to uppercase

Gordon Messmer wrote
> RedHat wrote:
> >Hello.
> >I am looking for a way to permanently change  the contents of a
> >directory from lowercase to uppercase.
>
> Every time this question comes up, several people post scripts that
> will happily overwrite or otherwise mangle your data.  I suggest this
> one, which I believe to be safe:

I submit that not only is this script broken, it's slow. What do you think
it'll do with filenames that have spaces in them.

Don't run it with data you care about. See my earlier perl script. Yes, it
gives you some rope with which to hang yourself, but it won't do the
Wrong Thing, either ;)

-justinb

--
Justin Banks