Re: lowercase to uppercase

Justin Banks wrote:

Maybe I'm just being defensive, I dunno. Your logic is the same as that which
aliases rm to 'rm -i' in a default RH box. That, along with kudzu, is one of
the first things I undo after an install. When I want to rm(1) something,
I mean it.

If I wanted to be asked if I wanted to do something, I'd be running windows.

Pretty much... My logic is that the user is doing a batch operation on a bunch of files. He (I, usually) can't be perfect. He may ask to uppercase a bunch of filenames in a directory with thousands of files (sometimes I do), and two of those filenames may match except for case. Accidentally losing data is unacceptable, especially when it's so easily avoided.

Safe or fast? I know what I choose. I care about my data, otherwise I'd just delete it.