Re: Can you use Apache with RH9?

At 14:16 11/3/2003, Ed Wilts wrote:

This is hardly ever the right answer.  Use the bugzilla system and at
least you'll get httpd maintainer involved.

Personally, I've been known (once or twice, and only once or twice) to go
through the package changelog to see who packaged it.  A polite message
to that person may help you, but if all of us did that, they would be
forced to stop responding to this e-mails.

Point taken, Ed... but the answer I gave was the only one I had, and I hate to see people (a) failing to achieve useful results with Linux, especially Red Hat Linux, (b) considering a transition to another Linux distro or other OS when I _know_ that they could do what they want with Red Hat, and (c) claiming (honestly, if hopefully in error) that their problem is Red Hat's fault.

I have referred questions directly to a Red Hat human being only twice in my life, and as you point out it is not a "normal" way to get something to work.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx