Re: [ADMIN] list cleanups

At 14:25 10/30/2003, you wrote:
I'd like to enlist the help of two lieutenant from the list to help with list admin
duties. Qualifications are that I must already know you from previous list interactions,
and that you must have displayed clue on the list. Please contact me off list if you
are interested in helping.

Matt, I'm honestly interested in helping if I can. However, as any normal human being goes, I am _willing_ to help for free but wouldn't mind getting something in return. Is there any benefit to doing this apart from the intangible? For example, might Red Hat be willing to offer, say, one RHEL-ES license for free to those two people? That would surely provide an incentive for the best and most capable among the list denizens to really WANT to help. <grin>

I do not claim to be one of the most qualified, but I have been around here for years, I do have some shred of clue, and you do owe me a baseball hat for previous help. <smile> So, whether or not there is an incentive (although with great delight if there is), consider this a formal offer to help you in any way I can, and happy to do it.

Also, I am concidering creating another list called the redhat-sysadmin-list that will
be less of a free for all and concentrate on items of interest to professional system
administors of Linux systems. What do people think about this?

I'd subscribe in a heartbeat, I love it. I monitor this list mostly to offer what little help I can, but am constantly on the lookout for the more "interesting" threads from which I can learn something new. What the hell, it costs nothing to set up and may or may not be successful. With no real downside, why not just go ahead and set it up? See what happens.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx