Re: [ADMIN] list cleanups

> > I don't mean to spark a flame war, but why does everyone have to get so
> > hostile. Set up a filter to move all the redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx email into a
> > separate folder. Then the only mail you have to sort through is your own!
> > Deal with the unwanted redhat mail at your lesiure, that is, if the problem
> > that somehow got your name on the list does't correct itself before hand.
> >
> > Craig D.
> >

> I think it's been pretty calm.  I'm sure there are alot of people out
> there who were/are suscribed to the list, but had the no mail option
> checked...alot more than we've heard from on the list.  And most that
> have replied to the list have been pretty calm...probably understanding
> that this is something which needed to be done, and would only
> incovience them for a short period of time.  But hey, we all know that
> in any group, there's going to be a few people who consider it a
> personal insult, and bitch about it until the cows come home.  Good
> riddance to those people I say anyway.

Fyi, we're down to ~3500 active subscribers at the moment, down from 4000 and
change. The bulk of those that have been removed were dead addresses.

Everyone that written to me via various channels has been replied to, and their
subscription related issues taken care of.

I'd like to enlist the help of two lieutenant from the list to help with list admin
duties. Qualifications are that I must already know you from previous list interactions,
and that you must have displayed clue on the list. Please contact me off list if you
are interested in helping.

Also, I am concidering creating another list called the redhat-sysadmin-list that will
be less of a free for all and concentrate on items of interest to professional system
administors of Linux systems. What do people think about this?

Regards,

Matthew Galgoci

--

Matthew Galgoci		"If you were a woman I'd kiss you right now."
System Administrator