Re: Minimal install RH8?

Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
At 03:11 10/5/2003, you wrote:

Anyway I'll try to make minimum with custom setup from RH8 and with ignoring dependiences. Will see how it works.

Ignoring dependencies is not usually a good idea. A product "depends" on another for a reason usually...

OK, I have managed to install only 365 megs directly with RH8 distribution. That is without perl,sendmail, openssl, openssh and some other garbage but with gcc and kernel headers. After I have succesfully copiled and installed latest versions of perl, openssl, php, httpd. I think that the rest what I need it won't be a problem.
BTW I needed just to determine all the packages I need half an hour after selecting Minimal and then manually remove or add additional packages.
So looks like there is option for even less than what they say at RH. Why they don't make this option? It would sure make life easier not only me but also some others.