Re: Minimal install RH8?

At 11:29 10/4/2003, you wrote:
L. K. Pierce wrote:
On Fri, 2003-10-03 at 11:17, R Sánchez wrote:

Wasn't there some type of distro proyect that was precisely a RedHat
adaptation for minimal systems?
Yes, it's called RULE. http://www.rule-project.org

Yes, that's nice but I would like that guys from Redhat make a minimal instal only with basic linux system (I mean without sendmail, ssh but only needed system to boot) and the files for compiling addition software. This would be a real minimal system and you can choose what addition software you want to install. Now you disable one thing and you allready have dependecies problem.

Did you even look at the RULE page that someone suggested to you? That is exactly what RULE does: allow you to install a Red Hat Linux system into older hardware, or any hardware with less memory (down to 6MB RAM in some cases), and install a much smaller set of packages than Anaconda usually selects. It is still Red Hat Linux, though.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx