Re: Problems printing from Windows 2000 PCs

On Sun, Oct 05, 2003 at 10:31:54PM -0700, Des Dougan wrote:
> I have a problem printing from 2 Windows 2000 PCs to a Lexmark 3200
> inkjet printer attached to my RH 9 PC. The RH 9 box is using KDE, and is
> a fairly default configuration otherwise. I can successfully print from
> Win9x and from another Linux PC, but the 2 W2K boxes won't print,
> although they are able to see the printer via their printer settings
> dialogs.

I haven't seen an answer to this, so I'll throw in my 2 cents.  Windows
2000 and XP print differently than Windows 9x.

I haven't tried them with Samba in a few years, and I'm sure there's a way to
make it work, but honestly I found it easier to install the Windows 2000 UNIX
printing utilities (included on the Win2K CD) and print to the Linux box as a
UNIX LPD printer instead of going through Samba.

--
Alan